The Fall MINWARA Mine Warfare Industry Day is scheduled for 5 November 2014 at the Army Navy Country Club in Arlington, Virginia. Check-in begins at 1215 and the first session begins at 1300. A networking reception is scheduled immediately following the sessions at 1600. Online Registration is now closed.
All sessions will be unclassified and are open to all attendees. Advance online registration is strongly encouraged by 1 November 2014.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
1300 Welcome and Opening Remarks-
David Holt, President, Mine Warfare Association
1305 Status of Mine Warfare Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Forces and Organizations
CAPT Wirstrom, USN, N8 – Confirmed
1345 Status of Mine Warfare Surface, Air, and Mining Forces and Organizations
RADM William R. Merz, USN, Commander Navy Mine and Anti-Submarine Warfare Command (NMAWC) – Confirmed
1440 Unmanned Systems and Mine Warfare
Rear Admiral Matthew Klunder, USN, Chief of Naval Research – Confirmed
1600 Net Working Reception
COST TO ATTEND
- No charge for all active duty, reserve in uniform or civilian DON
- Current MINWARA members: $60
- Non-MINWARA members: $110 which includes a 1 year membership to the association along with the attendance fee
The Mine Warfare Association is a not-for-profit organization that is devoted to education and the raising of awareness concerning mines. The purpose is to strengthen the national security of the United States and to assist in the attainment of international security and humanitarian objectives of the United States as set forth by the President of the United States.
The Mine Warfare Association has the following objectives:
- To provide education and training and to increase awareness about the the military arts of mine warfare and the impacts of mines during and after hostilities;
- To enhance communication among individuals and organizations who are concerned about all aspects of mine warfare – mining and mine design, mine countermeasures and counter-mine activity, De-mining and remediation of areas contaminated by mines, unexploded ordnance, or hazardous chemical, biological, and radiological materials.
For additional information see our Mission Statement.